The Digital Divide is Real.
Help us bridge equity, access, and resiliency in a growing educational divide.
Here's What We Know:
• Until there is a widely-available vaccine, remote and on-line learning will be an essential and required part of educational instruction.
• The average household has 2.3 school-age children. Even with school system assistance of 1 laptop per household, a shortage remains for far too many households to meet the educational requirements.
• Black, Latino, and Native American households are twice as likely as white households not to have a computer. The gaps are similar between low-income and higher-income households, and between rural and metropolitan.
• 1 in every 5 Chicagoan lives in poverty.
• 76% of CPS students rely on school meal programs for food during the day.
What does YOUR support mean?
That a generation of children is not left further behind. Every year Christmas in the Wards works with our ward communities and local schools to identify the families and students with the most need. As it has been for the past 24 years, our goal is to lessen the strains and burdens of hard-working families. With your support, in this time, hundreds of students can remain engaged, active learners, and participants in their education. We believe what we do today, in support of ALL children, will determine the world we inherit tomorrow.
Sponsor A Laptop Today